Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Couples Corner


Rodliz’s Nest

This week at Couples Corner is 'The Day I said I Do'

The day Mike and I said I do was 3 yrs ago yesterday actually. We had the ceremony and the after party at Hewlett Fire Department. My husband is a volunteer firefighter so they gave us a discounted price to use there party room. It was nice for something that was thrown together in 2 months. He asked me to marry him in September and by November we were married. It was rushed because he was going active duty in the military and we had to be married before November 16th when he left for his assigned duty station. We have our ups and downs but overall it is a good marriage and we love each other. What more can you ask for?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Belated happy wedding anniversary to both of you. Everything are rush now hehehe because we too had rush wedding before we change our mind lol. Thanks for sharing!

Kero said...

I think army wives are most interesting :)

kahit rush basta importante you know your true feelings for each other.

thank you for sharing.

my entry is here http://kcelebration.blogspot.com/2009/11/couples-corner-wedding.html

Chris said...

no matter how it was done, as long as you are with the one you love.. it is enough :)

Do visit our wedding day's post!

Star Henderson said...

Happy Anniversary.

My husband and I have been together for over 20 now and are still figuring things out. :)

He's deployed now and we've been doing the 40 days of Deployment Dares, based on the Love dare.

Check it out...http://excellentorpraiseworthy.org/.

We also have a relationship columnist at ArmyWifeNetwork.com. Click on Columns>Relationships.

You can never have too many examples to follow!